INVITATION FOR TENDERS
The Republic of Kazakhstan
Taraz Water Project
INTRODUCTION OF SCADA SYSTEM
This Invitation to Bid follows the General Procurement Notice No 8422-GPN-42664 for this project published on the official website of the EBRD (www.ebrd.com) on 6 October 2016.
The State Communal Enterprise “Taraz Su” (hereinafter the “Client”), has received the loan from the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (hereinafter the “Bank”) to implement the Taraz Water Project.
The Client herewith invites contractors to submit sealed bids for the contract for introduction of SCADA system co-financed from the loan proceeds and the Client’s funds.
- This contract includes the development of design and estimate documentation, the supply of equipment, civil and installation works and related services according to the Technical Specifications.
- The estimated completion time under the contract is 365 days.
- The Project Area is Taraz City, the Republic of Kazakhstan
To qualify for the award of the Contract, the bidder shall meet the following qualifying requirements:
- The Bidder shall demonstrate that it has successful experience as a prime contractor in the execution of at least 3 (three) successfully completed contracts of nature and complexity comparable to the proposed contract, within the last 5 (five) years;
- The bidder, partner of JVCA or their sub-contractors shall demonstrate successful experience in design and installation of SCADA systems of nature and complexity comparable to the proposed contract;
- Average annual turnover of the Bidder as prime contractor (determined as the total amount of invoices received for contracts in progress or completed) over the last 5 (five) years shall not be less than KZT 530,000,000 (five hundred and thirty million) equivalent;
- The bidder shall demonstrate that it has access to, or has available, liquid assets, unencumbered real property, lines of credit or other financial sources sufficient to bear costs associated with the execution of the contract for a period of 3 (three) months, estimated as not less than KZT 90,000,000 (ninety million) equivalent, taking into account the bidder’s commitments to other contracts;
- The bidder shall submit balance sheets audited or supported by relevant documents issued by tax authorities of the bidder’s country of origin for the last five (5) years to demonstrate the soundness of the bidder ‘s financial position and long-term profitability;
- The bidder or at least one partner of JVCA or a nominated sub-contractor shall avail of or have obtained prior to the contract commencement date all necessary licenses, certificates and permits required under the applicable legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan, including:
– License for survey activities,
– License for design works,
– License for civil and installation works;
- The bidder shall be registered or will have to be registered in case of an award of the contract with the tax authorities of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- The bidder shall be certified for the quality standard ISO 9001 or equivalent;
- The bidder shall be certified for health protection and professional safety standard OHSAS 18001 or equivalent;
- The bidder shall be certified for the environmental standard ISO 14001 or equivalent.
Tendering for contracts to be financed with the loan proceeds from the Bank is open to firms from all countries. The proceeds of the Bank’s loan will not be used for the purpose of any payment to individuals or legal entities, or for any import of goods if such payment or import is prohibited by a decision of the United Nations Security Council taken under Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations.
The bidding documents are prepared in English with their unofficial Russian translation and may be obtained free of charge from the office at the address below.
Upon a written request the bidding documents may be collected from the office at the address below or the documents will be promptly dispatched by email to the address indicated in the written request, but no liability can be accepted for loss or late delivery.
All bids shall be accompanied with Bid Securities in the amount of not less than KZT 7,000,000 (seven million) or convertible currency equivalent.
Bids shall be delivered to the address below on or before 10:00 local time, on 30 October 2017, when the bids would be opened in the presence of bidders’ representatives wished to attend the bid opening.
Prospective bidders may find additional information as well as review and acquire the bidding documents at the address below:
SCE “Taraz Su”
Mr. Rakhymzhan Nigmedzhanov
Address: 136, Kazybek By Str., 080012, Taraz City, Kazakhstan
Tel./fax: +7(7262) 45 35 37