INVITATION FOR TENDERS
The Republic of Kazakhstan
Taraz Water Project
WATER INTAKES RECONSTRUCTION
This Invitation to Bid follows the General Procurement Notice No 8422-GPN-42664 for this project published on the official website of the EBRD (www.ebrd.com) on 6 October 2016.
The State Communal Enterprise “Taraz Su” (hereinafter the “Client”), has received the loan from the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (hereinafter the “Bank”) to implement the Taraz Water Project.
The Client herewith invites contractors to submit sealed bids for the contract for reconstruction of water intakes grouped into:
Lot 1 “Modernization of wells”; and
Lot 2 “Reconstruction of disinfection system”,
and co-financed from the loan proceeds and the Client’s funds.
- This contract includes the development of design and estimate documentation, the supply of equipment, civil and installation works and related services according to the Technical Specifications.
- The estimated completion time under the contract is 365 days.
- The Project Area is Taraz City, the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Bidders may bid for one or two lots. Quotation for each lot shall be submitted separately. Bidders that want to bid for both lots may offer discounts that will be considered during the bid evaluation.
To qualify for the award of the Contract, the bidder shall meet the following qualifying requirements:
- The Bidder shall demonstrate that it has successful experience as prime contractor in the execution of at least 2 (two) successfully completed contracts of a nature and complexity comparable to the proposed contract, within the last 5 (five) years, with minimum one contract being equivalent to at least KZT 250 000 000 (two hundred and fifty million) for Lot 1 and KZT 110 000 000 (one hundred and ten million) for Lot 2;
- The bidder, partner of JVCA or their sub-contractors shall demonstrate successful experience in design and construction/reconstruction of water wells of a nature and complexity comparable to the proposed contract for Lot 1, and in design and construction/reconstruction of the drinking water disinfection system of a nature and complexity comparable to the proposed contract for Lot 2;
- Average annual turnover of the Bidder as prime contractor (determined as the total amount of invoices received for contracts in progress or completed) over the last 5 years shall be equivalent to at least:
- KZT 500 000 000 (five hundred million) for Lot 1; and
- KZT 210 000 000 (two hundred and ten million) for Lot 2; or
- KZT 710 000 000 (seven hundred and ten million) for both lots,
taking into account the bidder’s commitments to other contracts.
- The bidder shall submit balance sheets audited or supported by relevant documents issued by tax authorities of the bidder’s country of origin for the last five (5) years to demonstrate the soundness of the bidder ‘s financial position and long-term profitability;
- The bidder or at least one partner of JVCA or a nominated sub-contractor shall avail of or have obtained prior to the contract commencement date all necessary licenses, certificates and permits required under the applicable legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan, including:
– License for survey activities,
– License for design works,
– License for civil and installation works;
- The bidder shall be registered or will have to be registered in case of an award of the contract with the tax authorities of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- The bidder shall be certified for the quality standard ISO 9001 or equivalent;
- The bidder shall be certified for health protection and professional safety standard OHSAS 18001 or equivalent;
- The bidder shall be certified for the environmental standard ISO 14001 or equivalent.
Tendering for contracts to be financed with the loan proceeds from the Bank is open to firms from all countries. The proceeds of the Bank’s loan will not be used for the purpose of any payment to individuals or legal entities, or for any import of goods if such payment or import is prohibited by a decision of the United Nations Security Council taken under Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations.
The bidding documents are prepared in English with their unofficial Russian translation and may be obtained free of charge from the office at the address below.
Upon a written request the bidding documents may be collected from the office at the address below or the documents will be promptly dispatched by email to the address indicated in the written request, but no liability can be accepted for loss or late delivery.
All bids shall be accompanied with Bid Securities in the amount of not less than:
KZT 9,000,000 (nine million) or convertible currency equivalent for Lot 1;
KZT 4,000,000 (four million) or convertible currency equivalent for Lot 2.
Bids shall be delivered to the address below on or before 11:00 local time, on 27 September 2017, when the bids would be opened in the presence of bidders’ representatives wished to attend the bid opening.
Prospective bidders may find additional information as well as review and acquire the bidding documents at the address below:
SCE “Taraz Su”
Mr. Rakhymzhan Nigmedzhanov
Address: 136, Kazybek By Str., 080012, Taraz City, Kazakhstan
Tel./fax: +7(7262) 45 35 37