Taraz Water – Corporate Development Programme
Executing Agency (Client): GKP «Zhambyl su»
Project Description: GKP «Zhambyl su» (the «Client») together with the Akimat of Zhambyl Oblast (the “Oblast Akimat”) and the Akimat of Taraz City (the “City Akimat”) have requested the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (the EBRD or the Bank) to provide financing for the Taraz Water project that encompasses the upgrade the water services in the City of Taraz (“Taraz” or the “City”) in the Republic of Kazakhstan (the “Project”).
The Client, а sole water distribution and waste water utility in the City, is 100 per cent owned by the City Akimat. The company was founded in 2000 on the base of the then existing water and wastewater enterprise established in 1950s.
Assignement Description: The Client now intends to retain a consulting company (the Consultant) to support the Company to improve its commercial standing, service and environmental and social performance by helping to identify and implement the necessary corporate, financial and operational improvements required to meet the related covenants included in the EBRD finance documents.
The selected Consultant is expected to provide the following services:
- Development and introduction of a Public Service Contract (“PSC”) between the City and the Company. The PSC will outline the rights and obligations of the Company and the City Akimat, based on a set of key performance indicators with the aim to improve the operational and financial performance of the Company and the level of services to be provided to the population of the City.
- Explore possibility and develop an action plan to attract a private operator with the aim to advance the management performance for more cost effective services.
- Development and implementation of a Financial and Operational Performance Improvement Programme (“FOPIP”).
- Development and adoption of a Corporate Business Plan.
- Development and introduction of a Management Information System (“MIS”).
- Implementation of а Stakeholder Participation Programme («SPP»).
- Development and adoption of the tariff calculation methodology. In communication with the Tariff Consultant, the Consultant shall assist the Company to develop a medium-term focused corporate development plan to improve its corporate planning capacity and to assist its on-going transition towards becoming a self-sustaining entity achieving commercial operations.
The Consultant will also co-operate with the City Akimat to implement the covenants stipulated under the signed Project Support Agreement (“PSA”).
Finally, the Consultant shall assist the Company in the analysis of the baseline social situation of the vulnerable section of the population and the impact of the project on these groups, and in connection to this assess any impact of the project on the equality between men and women.
Status of Selection Process: Interested firms or group of firms are hereby invited to submit expressions of interest.
Assignment Start Date and Duration: The Assignment is expected to start in Q2 2016 and has an overall duration of 36 months.
Cost Estimate for the Assignment: EUR 235,000 (exclusive of VAT). The Consultant must determine whether any indirect taxes/VAT are chargeable on the proposed services and state the basis for such. If any indirect taxes/VAT are payable, the Client will have to pay indirect taxes/VAT element to the services directly to the Consultant unless otherwise agreed.
Funding Source: Government of Kazakhstan and EBRD TC Account under the Enhanced Partnership Framework Arrangement (“EPFA”).
Eligibility: There are no eligibility criteria.