Feb. 5 the Prime Minister Bakytzhan Sagintayev gave a number of specific instructions to ensure the implementation of the tasks set by the Head of State announced Jan. 30, 2019, at an extended Government meeting.
The Ministry of National Economy, together with the Ministries of Finance, Education and Science and akims, was entrusted with working out the issue of transferring the functions of building and repairing schools with their financing to the level of regions. This will simplify the budget process and, accordingly, speed up the construction or repair of these schools.
To enhance the practical training of medical workers, the Ministry of Health needs to make proposals for the transition to modern programs of training in international standards with an emphasis on practical skills, as well as, jointly with akims, on transferring state hospitals to medical universities this year as their own clinical bases.
The Ministry of Labor and Social Protection of the Population together with the Ministries of National Economy, Finance, Education and Science:
- to ensure the launch of a comprehensive system of lifelong learning (life-long learning) of existing employees;
- to study the possibility of applying tax deductions for the costs of training enterprises in partnership with employers;
- to consider payment mechanisms for retraining and advanced training courses on a voucher basis;
- to provide, on the basis of the electronic Labor Exchange, the launch of a nationwide online learning portal with a large list of training courses, both in professional and “soft” skills and certification in acquired skills, recognized by employers.
The Ministry of Information and Communications together with interested government agencies:
- develop measures for a radical review of existing business processes in government agencies, and first of all, with a complete rejection of paper and the transition to electronic document management from 2020;
- provide regular information on the ongoing reforms and feedback.
The Ministry of National Economy in conjunction with the Ministry of Finance should take measures to:
- simplify the procedure for calculating and paying in the form of a single payment of social payments from the wage fund;
- combine taxes for individuals on land and buildings into a single tax on real estate and consider the question of the abolition of land tax on apartment buildings.
Ministry of Industry and Infrastructure Development:
- jointly with the Ministries of Healthcare, Agriculture and the Atameken NCE, by mid-2019 should develop and adopt the Comprehensive Plan “Sapaly Kazakhstan,” taking into account the implementation of Kazakhstan standards, technical regulations and standards that meet international standards for 3 years, as well as the development of modern laboratory facilities;
- jointly with the Ministry of Information and Communications and Nazarbayev University should work on attracting leading scientific and technological companies as strategic partners for the further development of the created innovation ecosystem, including the Astana Business Campus and the International Technopark of IT Startups Astana Hub.
At the same time, the Prime Minister noted that all the tasks set by the Head of State should be clearly accomplished. Taking into account today’s discussion, the heads of state bodies are instructed to submit their proposals on the implementation of the instructions of the Head of State to the Ministry of National Economy within three days to be included in the Government’s Work Plan for 2019.