Water facilities to extract, disinfect, and convey cold water:
- Main water intake № 1 in Zhalpak-Tobe consists of 21 artesian wells. The design capacity of the water intake is 64.0 thousand m3 a day;
- Water intake № 3 in the south-western part of the city, is near the railway station Kumshagal. The water intake consists of 29 artesian wells and has the design capacity of 111 thousand m3 a day;
- 35 artesian wells in the city;
- 4 2nd elevation pumping stations;
- 11 water reservoirs with the capacity of 1000-6000 m3; 2 “Chlor 2001” sodium hypochlorite production facilities;
- 192 km of water pipes, including water mains — 62.04 km, distribution network – 396.592 km, neighborhood network — 127.56 km.
The water supply network is equipped with:
- 7193 gate valves;
- 3056 fire hydrants;
- 5677 water wells;
- 7 air release valves;
- 166 public standpipes.
Wastewater system includes:
- 07 ha of absorption fields;
- 484 km of sewerage networks, including 50.27 km of sewer collectors, 96.87 km of storm drains, and 143.344 km of neighborhood networks;
- 4 sewage pumping stations;
- 7935 sewage wells.